Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween and Abby's Baptism

We started off on Thursday night when Trevor and Bethany arrived from Provo. They came in late so we of course stayed up late talking. the kids didn't have school on friday so we spent the day cleaning and playing. Trevor and Mike went golfing in the afternoon. The best part of that was that Trevor wore his Halloween costume. It was great fun...I'm pretty sure a few years ago he might not have done that. I love gettting older...we care less and less about the trival things like what people might think of us...makes life much more fun. Friday night we headed to the ward Trunker treat activity at Alyssa's school. The kids were all very cute. The girls all dressed up as dolls (I'm still finding remenants of Alyssa's red hair in the bathroom) and Braydon was my favorite pumpkin....we've had a lot of good time in that pumpkin costume...who in this family hasn't worn it. At the end of the trunker treat I was standing there talking when some strange boy comes up behind me and picks me up. I of course screamed like a girl (despite what you may think I am one :O). It was Ryan and he arrived just before we headed back home. Mom and dad were a few minutes away and meeting us at the house.

We had a fun night of trick-or-treating...Ryan, Nick & I took the kids around the block. It was very entertaining with the boys. I especially enjoyed the part where Nick took his shirt off (if you really want the story why I'd be happy to share)...I'm just glad that although it was a very warm day for Halloween it cooled down enough at night that he had a coat to put on over his naked chest. We came back and enjoyed scones and apple cider (the only true joys of Halloween).

Saturday morning we headed to the temple at 0700. We enjoyed a wonderful session and were lucky enough to have Mom, Dad, Al, Ryan, Trevor, Bethany, & Nick. Mike stayed home with the kids (we missed him but are grateful he made it possible for Al to come). Grandma was coming but ended up getting sick at the last minute and we missed her. We did a little shoping on the way home and then got ready for Abby's baptism. Her baptism was very nice. Braydon and Alyssa did an impromtu song; I am a Child of God in Japanese. It was very nice. We come back for brownie sundaes. Wish we could have great days like that all the time. Sunday we headed to church and had a very nice testimony meeting....too bad we forgot it was fast Sunday..but the french toast was very yummy.

Either Sunday of Saturday we were able to enjoy another store creation from the kids.


Alyssa had a massage parlor (that was very relaxing)

Abby had a hair salon (very entertaining...especially the buffing of the bald heads)
Braydon had a Super Smash Brothers game going on (believe it or not I have never played it before and managed to beat Nick and Braydon...dumb luck but still fun)


Sadly this was the only picture I had of Braydon's station (Nick & I were very focused)

Cailah had a knock of the blocks games with a piece of candy on each stack...if you knocked it over you got the candy and you got to play until you knocked one over. Normally we have to pay to do these things. This time we just had to give them a hug for a all pass and then we got a piece of candy as we were leaving each station. It was very fun.

Love you all and miss those that didn't get to come.

1 comment:

Bryn and Blaine said...

Sounds like you had a packed weekend. I love being able to go to the temple with my family. IT has beeen a while that we were all able to go. Glad the baptism went well. You guys have been busy. My little sister Cassie and my grandparents from Nampa are here right now for my dad's birthday. We are having a party for him tonight. Your dad told me your mom's new excuse not to move is that her hair never goes well in Portland. I said I agree. No one should have to live anywhere that there hair would not look good. Hopefully they will stay close. Miss ya. Oh, by the way, Blaine bore his testimony last week and said that he was not sure why he was feeling the spirit that day because he ate waffles for breakfast, also forgot it was Fast Sunday. He was cooking. See ya.