Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Day After

This Thanksgiving went very well. We had a very nice dinner at 1330 and then I went into work for a while. It wasn't too bad...half my patients were come for the holiday so it was easy money. Mom, Al, Ryan, and I actually continued Jaime's tradition and headed out at 0445 to black Friday shop. I wish I had had my camera to take some video. This year at Walmart they had all the crates with the deals covered in black plastic....when the clock struck 0500 an announcement came over the radio and all the clerks standing next to the crates simeltaneously ripped the black plastic off and the crowds dive bombed the merchandise. I was the cart watcher...for all those who know how to truly Black Friday shop (thanks Jaime) I stood off to the side with the cart and laughed at people...great fun.

Later that day while the boys went golfing Mom, Al, & I put up some Christmas lights. Since I don't have mom's tree this year to do my Dr. Seuss tree I found one at Alyson's house....I need to add a few more strands but you will get the idea. We had a light unveiling later in the evening.
After the light unveiling mom got out her little presents for the kids...countdowns for Christmas. It was very fun and even more fun because she made us adults one too. :O) Great times with a great family...We missed all who weren't here. LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Bryn and Blaine said...

Glad that you had a good Thanksgiving. We make those countdowns every year with the kids for FHE althought I did like the stuffed things for hangers on them. I have never tried that one. Hope you have a good holiday season.