Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another First

This past Tuesday Alyssa went to the temple for the first time to do baptisms for the dead. I invited myself along and it was very neat to be able to be there with her. I really enjoyed just sitting there quietly in the baptism area watching all the young men/women. And so awesome to see the big smile on Alyssa's face. After Alyssa was done she came at sat next to me and said, "I want to do this again." When I asked her why she said it was a really good spiritual experience. She didn't go into detail but it was nice to hear. I hope she will remember the feeling she had there that evening. Here's a little shot of my BEAUTIFUL girl before we left.

4 comments:

Alyson Tolman said...

Yes she is, and who took that super fine picture :0) Hard to believe she's old enough to go to the temple. Holy Moly.

Bryn and Blaine said...

I will be taking #2 there this summer. It is so weird to think they are old enough but I agree, it is nice to be there with them, watching them, and praying they feel the spirit and catch what it is all about. Oh, and by the way, Happy Valentine's Day!

Sharon said...

Wow - I can't believe that's the same little girl I had in my Primary class. What a great experience - for both of you.

Doug said...

Congrats Alyssa, how cool.

I can't believe how mature you are looking these days.

Wish we could have been there.