Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Trev & Beth Visit

The past two week have been loads of fun. First off Ryan had a week off of work so we were able to convince him to come for a visit. After a quick stop by for lunch and a few days later he and Alisha (not sure if I spelled that right) brought Bethany back with them to stay and play for the week...ok she worked, watched kids, dishes, etc.. but fun for us. The extra fun in having Bethany come was that Trevor had to come to pick her up and take her back so he came down for the weekend. It's times like this that I wish we all lived closer but at least we get to see each other when we do.

The first day of school was while Ryan and Bethany were here. We got a quick picture of all the kiddos before Alyssa headed off to her last first day of middle school (as Alyson so kindly put it). I think I'll move to Utah so she has one more last first day of middle school/Jr. High to keep her out of high school longer...I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A CHILD IN HIGH SCHOOL AND IT'S A LITTLE SCARY....when did that happen!!!! :O)
I had to include this just because she is cute. She LOVES this nightgown...she twirls around and says pretty...cracks me up.
After we got the kids off to school we took the two youngest ones at home to the greenbelt for a walk and to see the gucks. This served multiple purposes...1) to tire Delayna out so she would take a nap 2) To get a little bit of exercise and sun..both needed by me 3) the most important reason.....to get Cailah's backpack off her and keep her busy so she would sit down for the next 4 hours asking if it was time to go to the bus yet....she was just a little bit excited. By the way today as I was walking her to school she was telling me that she didn't understand why she could only go half days, that really bugged her.
Ryan and Alisha left Thursday and Trevor showed up Friday night. I actually beat him home from work. I need Bethany here more often. I was home on time and one day early the week she was here. That hasn't happened in I don't know how long.

Saturday we had lots of fun. First we went to the Discovery Center. When is this not fun. Al an I were very excited to watch Trevor play with all th exibits and he did not disapoint. It was very fun.
They got to do all the fun exibits we love the most.

Laying on a bed of nails.
Mensa station (ok I don't know what it is called but that's my name for it)
Mensa because can't you just see his brain working.
The most popular bubbles
The spinning wheel...a new favorite
Oh wait maybe this is the favorite...too many favorites, the shadow box
Air brake chair...doesn't he look happy
Not sure what this one was I think it has something to do with acoustics...sound waves And a little thong song for your enjoyment.


After we got done at the Discover Center or more like it closed not that we were done; we went and played on the paddle boats. It was tons of fun and wish we could have had them here longer.




1 comment:

Sharon said...

I don't think you're old enough for a kid in high school either - glad you get this year.