Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Well Alyssa made it through the sixth grade. She is days away from turning 12 (SCARY!!!!) and she just had her interview with the bishop. He gave her all her books for young womens. I thought she was going to burst when she was telling me that there will be a temple trip in August but if she wanted to go before then she could come see him to get a recommend. Needless to say she is very very excited to be going in to young women's. Her birthday fell at a bad time this year. Our ward in Hermiston decided to do a trek this year instead of girls camp, which was great except that she missed it by three days. No problem though. We found something fun to do instead. We get to fly out and meet Randy in Lousiana at Cliff and Jaime's and drive cross country stopping at all the important places on the way (Doug, Trev, Grandma, Al). She is stoked and I'm hoping we'll still like each other when we get back. Hopefully Randy won't be asking the Navy if he can stay longer on the submarine so he can have a longer break from us. :O)

6 comments:

Kristin and Alyssa said...

I love my mom and I's blog! i hope you will to!

Trevor said...

I do love your blog. Isn't it great. Thanks for getting it going, we are excited for this glimpse into the world of you two crazies.

Alyson Tolman said...

Go Kristin, I'm so proud of you :0) Still love that picture Alyssa.

Ash said...

Excellent, fun to see and congratulations to Alyssa!

We can't wait to have you guys reach Colorado, so no dilly-daddling.

July 3rd is Falcon Freedom Days, a fun little carnival type thing with typically a country music performer and a great fireworks show from our porch (very close up).

I think you guys are planning on getting here the evening of the 4th, but thought I would give you all the info.

Doug said...

That Ash post was actually from me (Doug).

I have decided that the cone of silence will be lifted over Kristin after she posts her next blog adn I am "Invited" to view it.

Sandi said...

Thanks for the invite! I can't believe you are going to have a 12 year old... Can't wait to see you!!