Monday, October 20, 2008

Alyssa's 1st Choir Concert

Tonight Alyssa had her first choir concert. She was so excited. We got her a new dress because of course we didn't have the black or white that she needed. Alyson helped her get her hair done while I was at work. I was pretty excited...I got out of work at 6 and thought I'd make it back to spend a little time with Alyssa prior to the concert but the really long train that I got stopped for made it so I just made it back in time to get her to the school in time. She had a solo and she did a really great job despite what she will tell you. I think I was more nervous than she was. Once again I think she is amazing....but I am biased. You couldn't hear her very well at the beginning but then her director cranked up the volume and it was better. He played the guitar which was cool except that they only practiced together today after school so it was a little rusty but still I thought she did great.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

That was awesome!! You should be such a proud mom! She did a great job!!

Too funny watching the kids in the background... LOL

Nick said...

Taylor who? Forget her.
I wanna hear more from this girl.

Molly said...

Awesome job, Alyssa! You sounded great--too bad your choir teacher wanted everyone to hear him. j/k I'm so glad that he turned the volume up so I could hear your beautiful voice over the guitar! :)

Leslie said...

Awesome!!! We are so proud Alyssa!!! Love you so much! Kristin thanks so much for posting all of these cute things we just love it.

Bryn and Blaine said...

Awsome job Alyssa. That must have been a little scary. I think that you were great. Don't give up your voice is so clear and beautiful. Miss you guys a lot.