Sunday, August 9, 2009

Floating the Boise

We got to float the Boise last Saturday when mom was here. It was lots of fun. No injuries noted....one close call, one water snake, a raft with a slow leak (yeah Alyssa and I had fun with that :O), and one child that was sad after wards because she "didn't get to go in the water" (ok Cailah fell off her tube three times, laughed each time and I believe spent more time in the water than anyone else, but they didn't have time to jump back in the water while Mike and went to get the car and so hence the...I didn't get to get in the water comment and sad face, oh to have the perception, or reality as it may be of a child).

This trip Braydon just did a Nick, laid back on a tube attached to a raft and floated where ever the river took him. Alyssa and I laughed as the raft started to lose so much air we were pretty much floating with the life jacket. After enough fun with that Alyssa got a tube and one of the kids jumped in we me..and went I say jump I literally mean large leap...yes that would be Braydon he dive bombed my already sinking raft it was pretty funny. Then it just wan't hold up the two of us very well...we could not bail quick enough so I rode it for a while by myself...I tried folding it in half and using it like a chair but that work until I hit a rock so I dive bomged mom's raft and we had an interesting end to the float. So much fun. I want to do it again.

Next time we float I'm going to purchase a waterproof camera and get some action shots of falls and trees. For now though we just got a shot before the headed off. Thanks for Mike get the cars to and fro were much easier. Not so much fun for him but nice for the floaters.


Delayna is still too young to go but she practiced up in the garage.

8/1/09

No comments: