Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fathers Day Campout

Finally blogging Father's Day weekend. Just a little late.

This past weekend we went to Red Bridge near Layman Hot Springs and camped out. Mom, Dad, & Ryan met us there. It was a lot of fun. I had to work Friday so Al and Mike took the kids down earlier and set up camp with mom, dad, & Ryan. I timed it perfectly...by the time I got there dinner was ready and the camp was all set up.

And away they go.
Yes...this is along side the road and yes...they couldn't wait any longer. :O) It happens.

Friday night Mike was in charge of dinner and we had yummy pulled pork, pork and beans, and corn on the cob. He topped it off with a birthday dutch oven peach cobbler...really really yummy. We had a little birthday party for Alyssa while mom and dad were there. She got the perfect gift for the weekend from mom and dad....a sleeping bag....and a very very cool one at that.

She got a camera from me so she can capture all off her fun memories. I am going to help her start up her own blog today. That should be fun so you can be entertained with the going on's from her perspective. I'm thinking it's a good way to get her to keep a journal since I haven't had much luck any other way yet. :O)

Saturday we had learning time. Al is in charge of this since she is the teacher. I believe their assignment was to write or draw about something in nature....look at the contemplative minds working. :O)

And Ryan trying to sneak a shot of learning time. :O)

Here's a little shot of man learning time....need I say more. :O)

Favorite pass time for the kids...baseball. We've got quite the little hitters with us.

Of course we had some fun horseshoe golf going on. A tie game between mom and Ryan was very exciting.


Abby was talking about how the smoke was in her face and it hurt her eyes...ok she was kind of complaining but that is annoying. I looked at her and said there is only one way to fix that. Of course everyone was expecting me to say move. However everyone knows the best way to fix that is the smoke dance...here's a little sample by Braydon.


For some reason this struck Alyson as quite funny...this is only a little clip of her laugh/snorting that followed.


Everyone enjoys a little Delayna video. I think it took a few days for her to come down off her sugar high.


If it doesn't get all over your face it just isn't a smore. I found my new favorite altered smore this weekend. Roast your marshmellow to brown perfection. Pull off roasted layer. Stick chocolate inside this layer...and eat your yummy melted chocolate and marshmellow perfection...just by pass the crackers...too messy. :O)
The many faces of Ryan.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

love the smore variation - that will work perfectly for me since I can't eat the crackeres anymore - can't wait to try it.