Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Troops Arrive for Christmas

My Christmas present to everyone was to buy this house so that we could spend quality time with each other working on it. As evidenced by the picture below.....how often do mom and dad get to spend quality time like this together. :O) This is why they have been married so long....they are willing to spend two days helping each other fix each other mistakes....no need to go into detail but let me just say they are awesome and I really appreciate their help.
Demolition...of course nothing is as easy as it seems. The kitchen floor was raised because it had linoleum in the kitchen and carpet in the rest. I decided to hard wood the whole level...causing demolition day. Luckily Randy was only sick for a few days and was my demolition man along with Mike.
Ryan...what more can I say. :O) I actually am not sure what he was doing right here but he made it through a sickness and helped out a bunch also. Despite his desire to see his lady :O)
And the cleaning is almost finished. This was the last room to be cleaned and I was sooooooo very ready for it to be done. It's so much more fun to paint . Wait until you see the before and afters. I think it's going to be great.
No I'm not above child labor....at least I provided safety goggles.
Cailah wanted to get involved with the demolition. She removed all the remaining staples from my closet floor and swept them up.
Mom was very helpful when she wasn't hiding up on top of my walls just lounging there.
Alyssa in an effort to avoid cleaning which I can't say I blame her scraped the linoleum floor off the laundry room floor preparing it for the tile.

No comments: