Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day at McNary Beach

I didn't quite finish blogging our last weekend so I'm catching up today. Last Monday before we headed home we went out to McNary Beach and played in the water and ate some lunch. Alyssa invited two of her friends and had a blast. The funny part of the story is that the kids were wanting to go and as always we didn't quite have a plan and weren't sure what was going on. So they all got there swimsuits on, Alyssa called her friends and told them what time to meet us and they came down and told us we're going at 1230. Cracked me up. When I said to Alyssa you need to ask me before inviting friends she you said you guys can't make a decision so we "kids" decided to make it for you. :O) I had to laugh.

One of the big things I miss about Hermiston are the great friends Alyssa had...luckly she still has them. Alyssa, Kaitlyn, & Giselle (Sorry if I spelled your name wrong:O).
Their homemade hottub
The groupThe girls getting Ryan all wet.
Braydon
Abby
CailahSaying goodbye to GrandpaLately Delayna's fun thing has been the hello and goodbye wave and shout. She says it as you are walking by to head downstairs or coming up the stairs or back from work. Totally cracks me up. We caught a little footage of her before we left for the beach.


The water was very cold...I just didn't even take my suit so the kids wouldn't ask me to get in. I figured stand by life guard was good enough. Here are a few shots of the kids dunking themselves. I wish you could see Braydon's face....the look of shock and horror at the coldness his little body must have felt. In this video it looks like he's looking at the water and saying, "is that all you've got...and yeah I'm the man." I don't know.....something about it cracked me up probably because I saw his face.


Cailah was hilarious because she was the first to "dunk" herself....I'll let the video talk for itself.


The group did a dive for us.....Braydon wins the stayed under the longest award. He was also the first out but his little body just gets so cold.

No comments: